Saturday, August 3, 2013

FUDGE TODAY!

Fudge today!



Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup (160ml) evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)
  • 6 ounces (170g) salted butter, cubed
  • 3 cups (600g) sugar
  • 12  ounces Ghirardelli semisweet chocolate chips ( I used this instead of David Lebovitz's suggested chocolates)
  • 7 ounces (200g) marshmallow cream*- (I used Publix brand, "Fluff.")

Directions:

 I lined a square baking dish with foil. **Next time, I would use parchment paper as a few bits of the foil did stick to the fudge pieces.
The milk mixture.

 I poured the evaporated milk into a 4-quart Teflon saucepan and attached a candy thermometer to the side.

Next, I added the butter, and sugar to the evaporated milk, and heated – stirring continuously so it didn't burn – until the temperature reached 234ºF. (Just below soft candy stage).


Before mixing with the heated milk. 
 

 Into a large mixing bowl, I combined chocolate and marshmallow cream. Then, I poured the heated sugar mixture into the chocolate mix and stirred until well combined.
Finally, we scraped the mixture into the foil-lined pan and allowed to cool for 4 hours.


Cooling in the pan.


After cooling, we cut it into 16 equal pieces. According to calculations, this makes each rectangle (which is more fudge than I want at each sitting) approximately 375 calories. 







Yummy!

Thanks go to David Lebovitz for his fudge recipe.


















1 comment:

  1. yo the fluff wasn't publix branded, that's just the vintage logo.

    ReplyDelete